Call for Graduate StudentsRECRUITMENT
Call for Graduate Students
We welcome motivated graduate students from all over the world to join our research lab. Please contact us at email@example.com, if you are interested in our research topics. The following is some useful information. Please read it before contacting us.
- A two-year Master’s program and a three-year Doctoral program in Graduate School of Medicine or in Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering are available in our lab.
- Entrance exams are carried out twice a year around August (Fall Examination) and March (Spring Examination). However, the spring exam will be carried out only if there is a quota. In addition, students looking toward “Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering” can apply for the special selection for foreign students and October entrance. For details, please check the application guidelines of each graduate school.
Graduate School of Medicine：http://www.med.tohoku.ac.jp/english/admissions/admissions/graduate/index.html
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering：http://www.bme.tohoku.ac.jp/english/admission/
- Please send us your CV and a copy of your transcript with Grade Point Average (GPA).
- For the entrance examination, a TOEFL or TOEIC scoresheet from an examination taken within two years is required. The higher score is the more desirable, of course.
- Applying for the Japanese Government (Monbu-kagaku-sho: MEXT) scholarship via Japanese embassies, consulates in your countries is highly recommend. Specially, for those students who wish to enroll in Fall, an MEXT scholarship application via our university recommendation is available. If you wish to apply for the MEXT scholarship, please let us know one year before the Fall enrollment.
- For those students who enroll in a master degree program in Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering, enrollment in Fall is recommended if you wish to apply for the MEXT scholarship described above.
- In principle, we do NOT provide Research Student program before you pass the entrance exam.
- We can provide necessary support to you to apply for the entrance examination if you are not living in Japan.
- After receiving your application, we will conduct an interview via internet phone (skype etc.) for acceptance judgment.
- You can explain your research plan via the interview or send us a research plan when you contact us. For students who wish to join a doctoral program, please send us a research plan when you contact us.